2 Fletcher Ln

    St Augustine, FL 32084
    • $375,000
    • STATUS: Active
    • ON SITE: 254 days
    • MLS #: 895869
    UPDATED: 82 min ago
    $375,000
    • 2
      BEDS
    • < 1/4 Acre
      ACRES
    • 2
      BATHS
    • 0
      1/2 BATHS
    • 1,000
      SQFT
    • $375
      $/SQFT
    Neighborhood:
    Type:
    Single-Family Home
    Built:
    1927
    County:

    School Ratings & Info

    Description

    Adorable, renovated and historic 2/2 bungalow in the heart of Old St Augustine. This is a rare find with 2 full baths, updated everything including roof, AC, electric, baths and kitchen! Think of worry free vacation or investment property that is both walkable to everything AND has covered off street parking! And, if that is not enough, it has a screened in porch for relaxing and a fenced in yard to enjoy the Florida sun. Located on one of the cutest little hidden streets in Old St. Augustine, this cute home is currently a rental but can be enjoyed in many ways. Originally inhabited by Mr. and Mrs Reid who were active in St Augustine, he as a cost engineer for the East Coast Railway and she as a prominent artist. A book with her work can be viewed on the dining room table.2 Fletcher Lane Summary of Information from Florida Master Site File Historic St. Augustine Properties at St. Augustine Historic Society Research Library For Information only not intended for publication as appropriate works have not been referenced in this document. Architecture This building of one-story Frame Vernacular style was constructed between 1924 and 1926. This house has a porch base and part of porch & columns of locally produced coquina concrete block. D.H. Cherry Subdivision was developed during World War I and the 1920's, on the fringes of loder Victorian neighborhoods. The houses build in the area, particularly along Fletcher Lane, are generally one-story hip roofed buildings with wood shingle siding in the Bungalow style popular at the time. History D.H. Cherry Subdivision was once within the colonial perimeter known as Mil y Quinientos. Juan Triay, a Minorcan, was the first to secure a land grant here from Governor Jose Coppinger in 1807. Part of the grant eventually passed to Captain John Masters, who was involved in the capture of the Seminole Chief Osceola. In 1875 Masters' children sold part of the former Triay Grant to Henry Pl Kingsland, a banker from New York City, and his widow sold the property to D. H. Cherry of Lauderdale, Tennessee in 1913, who platted the land two weeks after purchasing it. No structures built before 1930 along the San March Avenue side survive today in their original location, but Fletcher Lase has four houses dating from 1917. First Residents of 2 Fletcher Lane The first residents of 2 Fletcher Lane show up in the 1927 St. Augustine City Directory ( there is no copy of the 1926 City Directory ) as Mr. John M.T Reid, a cost engineer for Florida East Coast Railroad ( Flagler's Railroad ), and his wife Celia G. Reid. The Reid's moved to St. Augustine in 1926 from Baltimore Maryland. Since there is no record earlier owner's for 2 Fletcher Lane we assume the Reids were the first occupants and owners. Mrs. Celia Gregor Reid ( 1895-1956 )became very active in the community and in the arts. She was an accomplished graphic artist and President of the St. Augustine Arts Club by 1937.More information on Celia is in the book , Lost Colony, The artists of St. Augustine 1930-1950 written by Robert W. Torchia and published by The Lightner Museum and available in the museum store.

    Monthly Payment Calculator



    © 2018 Northeast Florida Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved. The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program of the Northeast Florida Multiple Listing Service, Inc. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than EXIT Real Estate Gallery are marked with the listing broker’s name and detailed information about such listings includes the name of the listing brokers. Data provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. Data last updated 2018-04-21T21:24:13.93.

    Digital Millennium Copyright Act
    www.exitrealestategallery.com/homes/75665639

    2 Fletcher Ln St Augustine, FL 32084

    • Price: $375,000
    • Status: Active
    • Updated: 82 min ago
    • MLS #: 895869
    2
    Beds
    2
    Baths
    0
    ½ Baths
    < 1/4 Acre
    Acres
    1,000
    SQFT
    $375
    $/SQFT
    1927
    Built
    Neighborhood:
    Cherry Estates
    County:
    St. Johns
    Area:
    32-St Johns County-St Augustine Area-East Of US-1
    Property Description
    Adorable, renovated and historic 2/2 bungalow in the heart of Old St Augustine. This is a rare find with 2 full baths, updated everything including roof, AC, electric, baths and kitchen! Think of worry free vacation or investment property that is both walkable to everything AND has covered off street parking! And, if that is not enough, it has a screened in porch for relaxing and a fenced in yard to enjoy the Florida sun. Located on one of the cutest little hidden streets in Old St. Augustine, this cute home is currently a rental but can be enjoyed in many ways. Originally inhabited by Mr. and Mrs Reid who were active in St Augustine, he as a cost engineer for the East Coast Railway and she as a prominent artist. A book with her work can be viewed on the dining room table.2 Fletcher Lane Summary of Information from Florida Master Site File Historic St. Augustine Properties at St. Augustine Historic Society Research Library For Information only not intended for publication as appropriate works have not been referenced in this document. Architecture This building of one-story Frame Vernacular style was constructed between 1924 and 1926. This house has a porch base and part of porch & columns of locally produced coquina concrete block. D.H. Cherry Subdivision was developed during World War I and the 1920's, on the fringes of loder Victorian neighborhoods. The houses build in the area, particularly along Fletcher Lane, are generally one-story hip roofed buildings with wood shingle siding in the Bungalow style popular at the time. History D.H. Cherry Subdivision was once within the colonial perimeter known as Mil y Quinientos. Juan Triay, a Minorcan, was the first to secure a land grant here from Governor Jose Coppinger in 1807. Part of the grant eventually passed to Captain John Masters, who was involved in the capture of the Seminole Chief Osceola. In 1875 Masters' children sold part of the former Triay Grant to Henry Pl Kingsland, a banker from New York City, and his widow sold the property to D. H. Cherry of Lauderdale, Tennessee in 1913, who platted the land two weeks after purchasing it. No structures built before 1930 along the San March Avenue side survive today in their original location, but Fletcher Lase has four houses dating from 1917. First Residents of 2 Fletcher Lane The first residents of 2 Fletcher Lane show up in the 1927 St. Augustine City Directory ( there is no copy of the 1926 City Directory ) as Mr. John M.T Reid, a cost engineer for Florida East Coast Railroad ( Flagler's Railroad ), and his wife Celia G. Reid. The Reid's moved to St. Augustine in 1926 from Baltimore Maryland. Since there is no record earlier owner's for 2 Fletcher Lane we assume the Reids were the first occupants and owners. Mrs. Celia Gregor Reid ( 1895-1956 )became very active in the community and in the arts. She was an accomplished graphic artist and President of the St. Augustine Arts Club by 1937.More information on Celia is in the book , Lost Colony, The artists of St. Augustine 1930-1950 written by Robert W. Torchia and published by The Lightner Museum and available in the museum store.
    Exterior Features

    Approx Parcel Size Less Than 1/4 Acre Fencing Wood Fencing Lot Description Regular Lot Lot Location Urban/City Misc Exterior Patio - ScreenedPorch - Front Navigable To Ocean YN No Pool Hot Tub No Pool Structure Wood Frame Style Bungalow Waterfront YN No

    Interior Features

    Cooling Central Cooling Dining Eating Space-KitchenSeparate Dining Room Energy Features Ceiling Fan(S) Fireplace 1 Fireplace Heating Central Heating Interior Amenities Window Treatment(S)Wood Floors Major Appliances DishwasherDisposerDryerMicrowaveRange ElectricRefrigeratorWasher Water Heater Electric Water Heatr

    Property Features

    All Bedrooms Conform Yes Assoc Fee 0.00 Assoc Fee Freq N/A Association Fee No Cdd Fee 0.00 Cdd Fee YN No Country Usa Dwelling Type Sngl. Fam.-Detached Gated Community No Historic Area No Legal Name Of Subdiv Cherry Estates Lot Size (49X49)+(30X49) Mobile Mfg Home No New Construction YN No Occupancy At Closing Possible Financing CashConventionalFhaVa Presently Zoned Residential Square Foot Source Tax Roll Utilities Sewer - PublicWater - Public

    Listing courtesy of First Coast Sothebys International Realty


    © 2018 Northeast Florida Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved. The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program of the Northeast Florida Multiple Listing Service, Inc. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than EXIT Real Estate Gallery are marked with the listing broker’s name and detailed information about such listings includes the name of the listing brokers. Data provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. Data last updated 2018-04-21T21:24:13.93.

    Digital Millennium Copyright Act
     
    EXIT Real Estate Gallery
    1929 Park Avenue
    Orange Park FL, 32073